Paper Piecing Tips
1. Use a size 90/14 needle. The larger needle makes the paper easier to remove.
2. Use a smaller stitch (18 to 20 stitches to the inch) for easier paper removal and it permits a smaller seam allowance.
3. Make copy machine copies from an original only. Making a copy from a copy can cause distortions.
4. Use a small lamp next to your machine to aid in seeing through the paper and the layered fabric for proper placement.
5. Use a small press board and small iron, no steam, next to your machine.
6. Cut oversize pieces of fabric to ensure that the fabric covers the area adequately.
7. Keep the paper intact until the blocks are surrounded by other blocks or fabric pieces.